Our coin type LRA motor NFP-ELV1030A is using for a new dive watch which is manufactured by Canada company Shearwater. Rather than saying Shearwater Teric is a watch in the ordinary sense, it is better to say it is an underwater microcomputer, because it can provide a lot of useful information in deep water. When smart engineers design this computer, the LRA vibration motor is built in, which can provide vibration alerts according situations. The Shearwater Teric is an advanced dive computer for all types of diving.
Simple and Powerful Dive Computer – Shearwater Teric
- Optional Air Integration – The Teric can connect with up to 2 transmitters
- Full Color, High Resolution. AMOLED – 1.39″ display with deep blacks, and vivid colour display
- Rugged Construction – Sapphire crystal window, and 316 stainless bezel & buttons
- Equally at home in 330 ft under water and in the corporate boardroom
- Different watch faces – To go with multiple styles and occasions
- Configurable colors to match your style – 15 colour options available
- Vibration Feedback – Using linear oscillating vibrator to provide precise haptic alert.
Teric’s Audible & Vibration Alerts
In addition to visual alerts, the Teric has audible and vibration alerts to help quickly notify the diver of warnings, errors and dive events. A Test Alerts tool is also available in the Dive Tools menu and should be used regularly before diving to ensure the beeper and vibrator are functioning properly. If you do not like audible or vibrating alerts, they are easily silenced. Prior to beginning the dive you can see from the mode indicator that is in OC Tec mode. Active gas is currently 18/45, battery is about half charged, and only vibration alerts are active.
Comparing eccentric rotating mass vibration motor, the linear resonant actuator arduino have a super short response time, that can give you a quick feedback when alerting. Generally suggest to use Texas Instruments’ IC (motor driver) DRV2603/DRV2605 to drive it, also you can use arduino library. Although linear vibrators are a little expensive than erm vibration motors, but good value for money, when working at resonant frequency, the linear resonant actuator lra will have a bigger vibration force than eccentric rotating mass erm. They are completely different types of vibration motor.
Linear Oscillating Vibrator NFP-ELV1030A Details
|Connector:||Molex connector 78172-0002|
|Rated Input Voltage:||2.0 ± 0.05 Vrms AC, Sinewave|
|Input Frequency:||205 ± 0.1 Hz|
|Rising Time:||Max 50msec|
|Falling Time:||Max 80msec|